Re-processing claims is sometimes necessary if you process a claim, but some piece of information was incorrect when the claim was processed initially.
For example, suppose you process a claim for a provider whose Tier 1 eligibility expired the previous month per data in Minute Menu HX. In this case, the provider was reimbursed at Tier 2 rates. However, you realize that the provider's Tier was renewed and the information in HX is out-of-date. You update the provider's Tier information accordingly. Now, you should re-process the provider's claim so they are reimbursed at the correct rate.
To re-process claims:
- Click the Claims menu and select Process Claims. The Process Claims window opens.
- Click the Selected Claim Month drop-down menu and select the claim month for which to re-process claims. This should default to the current claim month set in Minute Menu HX. You can only process claims for your current claim month and the two preceding claim months.
- Check the box next to each report to print when you re-process claims. For more information about the available reports, see Process Claims.
- In the Processing Mode section, select Re-Process Existing Claims.
- Click Refresh List. Providers for whom you've already processed claims display.
- Check the box next to each provider for whom to re-process claims.
- Click Process.
- Click OK at the confirmation prompt. Note that this process can take some time to complete.
Note: You can also re-process individual claims from the List Claims window. To do so, click ReProcess next to the claim to re-process.
For scanned claims, re-processing may not enough to correct problems found on the Office Error report. You may need to re-scan claims in the following situations:
- A claim where master menu information was added after the claim was scanned, so the claim generated Error 60.
- A claim where any part of the form was physically corrected.
- A claim where a food was missing, and so the claim generated Error 8.
Sometimes these errors are resolved with just re-processing, but sometimes you must re-scan the claim.