Master Menus are templates created specifically for the USDA meal pattern. As such, there are three types of Master Menus: Breakfast, Lunch/Dinner, and Snacks.
Adding Master Menus
- Click the Menu Planning menu and select Master Menu Plans. The Master Menus window opens.
- Click Add under the appropriate meal. For example, to add a Lunch menu, click Add under Lunches/Dinners. The Add New Master Menu dialog box opens.
- Click the Number box and assign a number to this Master Menu. This number is what providers use on scannable forms (if you use scanning).
- You must assign a number to this menu, even if your providers use KidKare.
- Use a unique number. You cannot use the same menu number more than once. This includes any cycle menus you have set up.
- Do not use any numbers that include a 9. This is because there is no number 9 in the Food sections on the Minute Menu HX scannable forms due to space constraints.
- Click the Template Name box and enter a name for this master menu.
- In the Choose Foods section, click next to each food component to select. Your food list displays.
- Click a food to select it.The food list closes and the food you selected displays in the appropriate component box.
- If you add a Bread/Alternate that is a whole grain, check the Is This Whole Grain Rich box.
- When finished, click Save or Add Another.
- Click Yes at the confirmation prompt. If you clicked Add Another, the boxes in the Add New Master Menu dialog box clear so you can add a new menu. If you clicked Save, click Close to close the Add New Master Menu dialog box.
Editing Master Menus
- In the Master Menus window, double-click the menu to change. The Edit Master Menu dialog box opens.
- Update the selected components, as needed.
- When finished, click Save to save your changes.
- Click Yes at the confirmation prompt. Click Close to close the Edit Master Menu dialog box.
Removing Master Menus
Note: You cannot delete Master Menus that have been claimed. You can change the foods and update the menu, but you cannot delete it.
- In the Master Menus window, double-click the menu to delete. The Edit Master Menu dialog box opens.
- Click Delete. The menu is deleted.
Printing Master Menus
- In the Master Menus window, click Print All Menu Templates. The Select Mode dialog box opens.
- Select English or Spanish.
- Click Continue. The Select Master Menu Meals dialog box opens.
- Select All Meals, Breakfast, Lunch/Dinner, or Snack.
- Click Continue. A PDF is generated. You can print or export it.