When Minute Menu HX processes a claim, the system applies up to approximately 160 rules to every child, day, meal, and menu that is part of the claim. Therefore, any quality assurance process must ensure that Minute Menu HX is accurately processing claims, regardless of claiming method, as well as ensure that any method of data collection used is performed accurately.
Claims Processing Quality Checks
The best way to ensure that Minute Menu HX is processing claims accurately is to compare its automated claims processing with claims that are processed by hand. We recommend you complete this procedure at least twice a year. Each time, pick an arbitrary claim month and a small number of claims to analyze (typically no more than five). These claims should represent the broadest corss-section of claiming scenarios: different license types, tiering situations, foster care, and so on.
- Print the Claimed Food & Attendance report for the claim. Use the information in this report and refer to information on-file for the affected provider and their children and process the claim manually.
- Compare the results with those sown on the Office Error report. There should be no discrepancies.
- If there are discrepancies, identify the source and take appropriate action, which could include changes to data entry procedures, claim review changes, and/or Minute Menu HX configuration changes.
- When diagnosing claims in detail, we recommend you also print the following reports:
- Meal Totals Report
- Claimed Attendance Summary
- Claimed Foods & Attendance by Tier Report
KidKare Quality Checks
Confirm that the information your providers recorded is what they are actually using to process the claim. We recommend you complete this procedure at least twice a year. Coordinate with a provider before they submit their claim to ensure that they send in their claim data. Typically, you only need to check about three providers.
- Have the provider print the Claimed Foods & Attendance Report in KidKare immediately before submitting their claims to you. The provider should send you this report.
- Print the Claimed Foods & Attendance report for the provider out of Minute Menu HX.
- Compare the two reports and ensure that they are identical. If you find any discrepancies, contact Minute Menu HX support to resolve the discrepancy.
Scannable Forms Quality Checks
When checking scannable forms, ensure that the information added to Minute Menu HX is the same as that which was marked on the form. The best way to ensure that Minute Menu HX is reading forms properly is to compare what is filled-out on a form with what Minute Menu HX interpreted for that form. We recommend you complete this procedure at least twice a year. Each time, pick an arbitrary claim month and a small number of claims to analyze (typically no more than three). These claims should be of differing form types.
Full Bubble Menus
Look at a single provider's forms (both Infant and Regular Menus) and compare them after scanning and validation with the Claimed Foods & Attendance report. The foods and children listed on the report should match the children marked on the form exactly. If you find any discrepancies, take appropriate action, which could include cleaning or re-calibrating your scanner, updating errors in your food chart or planned menus, or otherwise contacting Minute Menu HX Support or your scanner manufacturer's support team.
Examine the Office Error report and ensure that any meal marked as disallowed because of bad foods is also disallowed on the claim.
Direct Entry Quality Checks
Ensure that the information your data entry staff entered matches the information providers supplied on their manual forms. We recommend that you complete this procedure at least four times a year. Each time, pick two or three claims entered by each staff member responsible for data entry.
- Print the Claimed Attendance Detail report and compare it with the information providers submitted on their meal count forms.
- Review the Office Error report for one of these claims and ensure that any meals that should have been disallowed were actually disallowed, since these disallowances were entered manually.
- If you find any discrepancies, resolve the issue with the data entry staff, or contact Minute Menu HX support if the issue was not caused by human error.