Note: If you claim with the State of New York, see Export the NY CIPS File.
In most states, you must fax or mail-in handwritten or typed forms that contain your claim summary information. However, some states have automated, Internet-based claim management systems that require you to generate specially formatted claim files that you then upload to the State.
If you are in one of these states, you generate this file in the Submit Claims to State window.
- Click the Claims menu and select Submit Claims to State. The Submit Claim to State window opens.
- Depending on your state, click one of the following options:
- Create State Claim File: This generates a claim information file you can send to your State. Claims that are on-hold are excluded from this file.
- Create State Provider File: This generates a provider information file that you can send to your State.
- Select the location in which to save the file.
- Click Save.
These functions merely create the file on your hard-drive. You must still transmit this file to your State agency. Contact your State agency for more details.